Chartered: 16 January 1957 with 31 charter members
Current membership: 25 active Rotarian members, plus 5 Honorary members
2018-19 PRESIDENT: RAY MCLEOD-DRYDEN
Rotary International is the world’s first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide. Rotary club members are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace, and eradicate polio under the motto, Service Above Self.
The Rotary Club of Box Hill is a group of dedicated, enthusiastic, fun-loving and active Rotarians who give their time and talents to serve communities – locally within the City of Whitehorse, nationally and internationally.
Our membership consists of men and women from a wide range of businesses, professions and cultural backgrounds who all share a common interest in helping others.
The Object of Rotary
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
- SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his and her occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- THIRD: The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to his and her personal, business and community life.
- FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through the world fellowship of business and professional men and women united in the ideal of service.
Of the things we think, say or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL AND BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Click on the link below to view the Box Hill Rotary Club History
Box Hill Rotary Club History